The WriteLight is the size of a ballpoint pen so it fits easily into your pocket and is ready to go just like your phone’s camera. It gives you a an easy to use secondary light source when taking photos with your camera phone.
I work with a few people that love photography, including myself. We’ll take pictures with anything. Now thanks to great cell phone cameras I never feel like I’m without something that will capture a pretty decent image. But I always feel the flash is lacking on these phone. Look I get it I’m expecting way too much from a phone camera flash.
One day we were playing around with our camera phones and trying out alternative lighting. Like pen lights and small LED lights. Then I realized what I wanted was a light that had a bunch of lights like the ones in cell phones, mainly because they are bright. Since I’m an artist I’m always carrying around pens. So I came up with the WriteLight.
You can vote on it at Quirky and if we’re lucky maybe they’ll make it!
I didn’t want a light that attached to the camera or supplements the camera light. I wanted a light that could be positioned any where around your subject work like a video light, add more visual drama and best of all fit in my pocket right next to all my favorite pens.
- Size of a regular pen.
- 8 Super Bright LEDS
- SWIPE your Light. Swipe across the length of the pen to turn on the lights one at a time.
- The more lights the brighter it will be.
- Color Knob so you can change the color of the light to add even more lighting effects.
- Rechargeable by a USB cord or use the USB adapter power supply to recharge the light pen.
- Has a clip to hang off a short. But could come with an accessory that acts like a tripod.
- Different finishes to match peoples phones. Chrome, White, Black